Looking for a REALLY SIMPLE yet vibrant salad for dinner? This is it! No need to turn on the oven or stand outside over a hot grill (in 100-degree heat!).
2 Tbl Coconut Oil
4 Chicken Breasts, cubed in bite size pieces
A handful of fresh herbs, chopped (about 4-5 Tablespoons)
1 Container Organic Spinach
1 Large and several small tomatoes (for variety and taste), cut into bite size pieces
1 Ripe Avocado, cut into bite size pieces
8oz Fresh Mozerella, cut into bite size pieces
1 fresh loaf of Bread
Melt Coconut Oil in pan and add cut chicken. Add herbs and fry until chicken is cooked through.
Assemble Spinach, Tomatoes, Avocado, Chicken and Mozzarella. Let people top with their own dressing. We like Balsamic Vinaigrette.
That's it! Super simple and only about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Personal Recipe Notes
1. I prefer to fry in Coconut Oil. It's a healthy alternative to Vegetable Oil or even Olive Oil and gives you a fresh, clean taste. Check out the benefits of Coconut Oil.
2. I used tomatoes from our garden. Use any tomatoes you like but the fresher they are, the fresher your salad will taste.
3. I also use Nature's Promise Chicken. I prefer to use organic meats but it's not necessary.
4. I used my own herbs; Basil, Thai Basil, German Thyme and Parsley. Use whatever herbs your taste buds desire. It's all about personal preference.
5. I use Nature's Promise Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette. Use YOUR favorite dressing. I prefer an organic, fresh tasting dressing as heavier dressings will mask the taste of your salad. Unless of course you ask my husband, who puts Thousand Island on everything.
6. Serve with soft, fresh bread.
This is one of the most easily adaptable recipes you'll have in your arsenal. If you're a die hard griller, go ahead and first marinate your chicken for up to an hour, then grill as you normally would. Finally, add any other vegetables you like (cooked or raw) - the more the merrier in my opinion.
Don't forget to compost your scraps. It's easy!