STOP Boiling Over!

Some time ago I stumbled across a Kitchen tip that has become one of my most valuable bits of kitchen knowledge.  It may sound too simple, unbelievable and possibly a down right lie BUT I can assure you it works EVERY TIME!



The ONLY gadget you will need is a wooden spoon that can sit comfortably atop your pot. Put it on when you start cooking (before boiling, works best). Yep, that's it! I can honestly say I have no idea WHY this works, but it does, every time.  I will say, I have an electric stove (although I REALLY REALLY miss gas stoves!).  If you have a gas stove, I would love your feedback on this method.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I usually stay next to the stove and blow on the top when it gets close to boiling over. This will let me stay busy doing other things while I wait for the pasta. thankx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason this works is because the wooden spoon will pop the bubbles before the pot boils over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! Be sure to subscribe to Homesteading in Suburbia to get periodic Blog updates. We never share or sell information. We welcome all feedback in an effort to improve our Readers' experience.